Fortnite becomes even more challenging and exciting along with its new update
Update 10.20 for the already spectacular multiplayer game Fortnite is here and it gots a variety of exciting features for the fans to enjoy: Borderlands crossover, BRUTE spawn rates, and Shield Bubble. And the best part is that the update can be downloaded for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS and Android as a patch by anyone who plays the game.
Let’s begin to describe a bit what the new features actually mean: the Shield Bubble means that players will be able to create a large shield that blocks different kinds of attacks from the opponents. Practically the Riff Zone brings the rules of Pandora to Fortnite, this feature being part of the Fortnite X Mayhem collaboration. And the patch notes tell us that the latest Rift Zone from the game is based on Pandora from Borderlands.
Also, the developers from Epic Games reduced BRUTE spawn rates for Fortnite, fixed a lot of annoying bugs, adjusted the shape of the Junk Rift’s audio attenuation from a sphere to a capsule and many others. Let’s have a closer look at the things the new update has to offer:
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Lasts for 30 seconds.
• Found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
• Creates a large bubble that blocks projectiles and explosives.
• The bubble’s emitter has 400 HP. Destroying it deactivates the bubble.
- This is to increase awareness of a B.R.U.T.E.’s presence and location to all players in the match.
• The B.R.U.T.E.’s map icon will remain visible to all players after players board one.
• The B.R.U.T.E. changes below were implemented between August 22-23.
• Decreased the maximum amount of rockets fired by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
• Reduced the rate at which the rockets are fired from the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
• Returned the explosion radius of B.R.U.T.E. missiles back to their original range.
• The B.R.U.T.E. no longer grants materials to the driver and passenger when stomping or dashing through the environment.
• Increased the dash cooldown from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
• Decreased the velocity gained from boosting while in the air by 33%.
• Adjusted the variability of spawn rates for storm phases 1, 2, and 3 in core modes.
- Weapons and items received from Vending Machines no longer differ from the guns and items displayed upon receiving them.
• Fixed an issue in which Stink Bombs would do less damage to players using a B.R.U.T.E.
• Fixed an issue in which Chug Splashes were able to be deployed quicker than intended.
• Fixed an issue in which the Junk Rift was not destroying B.R.U.T.E.s on impact.
After players swap to it from a weapon best used while aiming down sights (such as Sniper Rifles).
• Shockwaves now properly affect members of the Horde.
• The Combat Shotgun no longer becomes more inaccurate for a short period
• Fixed an issue in which Small Shield Potions would not fill players’ Shield to 50 if it was at 49.
• The self-destruct timer of a B.R.U.T.E. can no longer be paused.
• Switching seats in or exiting a B.R.U.T.E. while it is loading missiles no longer makes it unable to emote.
• Reloading a B.R.U.T.E.’s shotgun no longer makes it unable to fire rockets.
• Hoverboards can no longer be ridden by a B.R.U.T.E.
• Gunners in a B.R.U.T.E. who aren’t accompanied by a driver will no longer have an obstructed view while in the volcano vortex.
• The damage state of a B.R.U.T.E. now appears when players with a vehicle Wrap equipped enter a B.R.U.T.E. that was previously unoccupied.
• Fixed an issue involving the B.R.U.T.E.’s air slam dealing more damage to Horde spawners than intended.
• Entering a B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes players to lose the ability to use weapons or items on exit.
- At the oasis near Paradise Palms, a Rift Beacon has created the Pandora Rift Zone.
• Part of the Fortnite X Mayhem collaboration.
• This Rift Zone highly resembles the planet Pandora.
• Pandora will be available until September 10.
• While at the Rift Zone, players will begin to generate Shield after 4 seconds of not taking damage.
- This is to improve the experience in late-game circles that take place at Tilted Town.
• Increased the time between subsequent Turbo Build placements.
• Added traversable paths that connect the town to the surrounding hills.
• The first placement of a structure using Turbo Build remains the same.
- 60FPS support has been re-enabled for iPhone 8.
• iOS will now optimize content during players’ first run of the game after patching. This will help reduce hitching and load times when waiting for the Battle Bus to leave.
• Updated the images that appear on-screen during the patching process.
- Playlist tiles, “New” tiles, and Event page tiles will now display the correct images.
• Fixed an audio issue when using the B.R.U.T.E on Android.
• The font alignment has been corrected in the Challenges menu.
• Fixed an issue in which ammo belts would float while players were in a B.R.U.T.E.
• Backing out of cinematics no longer causes a black screen.
• Fixed an issue in which Autofire was active against some vehicles.
Want to see even more stuff the new update for Fortnite has to offer? Then don’t hesitate to download this amazing and exciting game.